One thing I eat quite a bit when I’m eating healthily are Turkey Burgers. They are so easy to make and really cheap too! You can put anything in them pretty much and either have them in a bun or with a salad like I generally do.
So, what do you need?
- 400g Lean Turkey Mince
- 1 Onion
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Anything to flavour. I’ve used thyme, bacon, lemon and peppers for this particular batch.
- The first thing I like to do is sauté the onions a little, they can taste a little raw if you don’t. Put the garlic in too and cook until golden brown.
- Whilst they’re cooking, put all the other ingredients in a bowl together and give them a good mix with a fork. If you want a better flavour, leave the mixture in the fridge over night or through the day.
- Add the onions and garlic to the mixture once done and stir around again.
- Separate the mixture into six balls and pat into a burger shape.
- Pop them into a frying pan with a little bit of coconut oil and cook until brown. This usually takes about 10 minutes in total.
- Once finished, pop them in a bun or on top of a salad and enjoy!
Per 2 burgers (without flavourings): 182kcals, 2g fat, 3.7g carbs and 37.5g protein
They are so good and great if you’re trying to keep healthy or eat less carbs/more protein. Definitely one of my go-to lunches for at work.